Living in the present moment


Only the present moment contains life. 
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
I recently experienced a small (very small) crisis in my life.  Along with gratitude for a positive outcome, I became more aware of what I believe my life is about and what my priorities should be.  One of those priorities is to stop wasting the precious moments I've been given.

It is another Day 2.  Today would have been Day 5, but I detoured on Day 3.  Had it not been for the very small event that shook me up, I might have continued drinking for a while.

I am making no promises or commitments to anything other than this day and this moment.  The only thing that exists is this moment.  The past is forever gone except for the ghost shadows we call memories, and even those are not reliable.  The future is yet to be.  It is in the here and now that truth exists.

Sat nam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

32. Gratitude and simplifying

Day 10: Blustery day

Day 18: Still here, still sober