2. Busy day


The secret of surviving housework is simply to do it. Pull the plug on the part of your brain that always wants to negotiate everything... 
Not postponing chores -- and not spending any mental energy equivocating, temporizing, or stalling -- is actually a lot more restful than worrying about what needs to be done. 
~ Veronique Vienne
'Tis true, you know. Procrastinating, especially when it comes to housework, brings more stress to my life than actually doing the work.

I've been busy cleaning house this morning, doing things I've put off since last week. It feels so good to have it done. This is one of those early sober days in which I have a ton of energy, and it's best to get things done while I can. I know from past experience that the next few days might bring a drastic dip in my vim and verve, as the early days are wont to do.

I will be traveling over the weekend. I'm not sure I'll have time to post after today due to preparations and some yard work that needs doing before I leave. My husband and I are going to visit his family. It should be a good trip without too much pressure or stress. I don't drink much around my in-laws anyhow, and have been sober on past visits so I'm already used to not drinking while there.

This morning when I woke up, I took the advice of many successfully sober people who are years ahead of me on the path. Before arising, I said to myself, "Today I will not drink."  I wonder if I should rephrase that into something positive such as, "Today I will be sober," or "Today I will be joyfully alcohol-free." They say the mind tends to resist negative statements.

My energetic state also contributed to a good start to the day in terms of meditation, yoga, and exercise. I will be heading outside soon to breathe some fresh sea air and delight in this beautiful autumn day.

I'll be back sometime next week, somewhere around days 7 or 8.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

32. Gratitude and simplifying

Day 18: Still here, still sober

Day 14: Two Weeks