Day 5: It was a cold and sunny day


Anything in life that we don't accept will simply make trouble for us until we make peace with it. 
~Shakti Gawain
There was an advert in the 1970's with the slogan "Weekends were made for Michelob." It's been running through my head this evening along with thoughts of having a beer or two or three. I keep shunting the thoughts aside because I made an agreement with myself this morning that I would not drink today, but the tagline persists, making trouble for me. Michelob was not my beer of choice. I am an IPA type of gal for the most part, but enjoyed other craft beers, too.

It's not the Michelob I want. It's the association of weekends with beer. It doesn't help that our society is soaked in alcohol and fun-filled commercials of people living the good beer-filled life, or that my husband's kisses taste of beer. 

I will have to make peace with all of those things, won't I?

Day 5, and I'm hanging in there. I've been kind of cranky, but mostly a jerk who seems nice at first and then snaps at you for no good reason. I will not be accepting this kind of behavior as a new normal, and I don't want to excuse it as part of the early days of going alcohol-free. I can find other ways to direct my snappishness and anger. Write, write, write, and write to start. A good night's sleep would be helpful, too.

On that note, I think I shall retire for the evening.

Love, peace, and happiness,
Rania

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

32. Gratitude and simplifying

Day 18: Still here, still sober

Day 14: Two Weeks