Overcast


The nature of mind is like empty space, like the sky, which at present is filled with clouds and fog and mist and periodically has all kinds of activity such as hailstorms, snowstorms, rainstorms and thunder and lightning.
~ Kalu Rinpoche
I have a terrible time dreaming up post titles. I start with a weather report (for instance, today's post title, as you can see, is "Overcast"), and hope that by the time I finish writing, I'll have come up with something more suitable. Then I wonder to myself, What's wrong with a weather report?  It might even describe my internal state of being.

Day 2. It is, as stated, an overcast day here in the Middle of Nowhere. My inner state is not feeling too cloudy or stormy so far. I began my day with yoga and meditation. I'm exploring kundalini yoga, and bought a DVD ("Gurmukh's Kundalini Yoga" from Gaiam).  It is different from the yoga I am used to practicing.  I was interrupted about halfway through, and didn't have time to go back and finish. I'm hoping to get through the entire practice tomorrow. Even without finishing, I felt some benefits from the practice. I was more awake, energized, lighter, and joyful. More grounded in my body, too.

It occurs to me that when I'm not taking care of my body, I don't feel good in it and that, in turn, drives me towards doing more things that are not good for my body. Drinking, for instance, seems to come from a need to escape not just my mind or my emotions, but my body as well. I'm not sure how to explain but this particular insight gives me a better understanding of what they mean by the body-mind. It is all one, isn't it?

Nothing more to add at the moment. I'll be into the happy hours soon. I am going to spend that time drawing today. It keeps both mind and body occupied so that I don't get drawn (pun not intended, but nice) into thinking about drinking. Or not drinking, as the case happens to be.

Thank you for reading.

Wishing you peace,
Rania




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

32. Gratitude and simplifying

Day 18: Still here, still sober

Day 14: Two Weeks